The Rhoades School received the highest level of accreditation status from Western Association of Schools and Colleges during our 2015 accreditation process. During our accreditation visit, a team from WASC visited all classrooms, spoke with teachers, students, parents and administration and reviewed school program data. Please see highlights from the visit below.
Summary & Highlights from the WASC Visit
Areas of Strength:
- “A focus on creativity was prevalent throughout the school and across disciplines.”
- “Striving for excellence was demonstrated in multiple ways…”
- “Students stated on multiple occasions that they appreciate that their peers share their interest in learning, which they experience as significantly different than what they have experience in other school settings…peers interact with a higher level of awareness, kindness, and manners in various social settings…inclusive…”
- “…the practice of community service is prevalent throughout the school at all grade levels…”
- “…communication and collaboration were highly visible and well-practiced (students)…”
- “Faculty and staff demonstrate a high level of collaboration among teachers and staff.” “Faculty and staff are dedicated to the mission and vision of the school and demonstrate an ongoing commitment to a responsive process of improvement.”
- “Parents are deeply involved and committed to the success of the school.”
- “TRS continues to exhibit a strong sense of community in a culture that fosters mutual respect among teachers, students, and parents.”
- “TRS continues to employ teachers who are energetic, creative, involved, and committed to students’ academic, social, emotional, and physical success.”
- “TRS continues to exhibit a unified and optimistic approach to discipline that allows students, parents, and teachers to see that mistakes are a natural part of the learning process and an opportunity for social and emotional growth.
Areas for Improvement:
- “Develop a strategic plan to grow the enrollment at the middle school level.”
- “…create an alumni database…facilitate a stronger online presence…”
- Celebrate the strong social and emotional curriculum by further articulation of the curriculum.
The visiting chair summed up the visit with a quote from Lilly’s Purple Plastic Purse, “Wow!”