The application deadline for the 2018-2019 academic year was February 2, 2018. Decision notifications will be sent on March 9, 2018 for all applicants who met the February 2, 2018 deadline.
If you would like to submit a late application, it will be considered on a space available basis. Please review our Admission FAQs for additional information.
Applications for the 2019-2020 academic year will become available in October 2018.
Visit Our School
We understand choosing the right school for your child is an important decision. We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and your family in person to gain an understanding of your child’s needs and interests, and to share our school’s true experience. Tours are generally scheduled Monday–Thursday when school is in session; optimal times are between 9-11:30 am. A campus tour lasts approximately 60 minutes and provides parents with an opportunity to watch the teaching process unfold – in the classrooms, on the playing field, in the labs, and in the visual/performing arts’ studios.
Steps Toward Admission
The Admission Committee looks at the applicant in the context of students currently attending Rhoades and the other candidates who would like to join the same grade. Many factors are taken into consideration, including academic ability, character, maturity, curiosity, and interests. We use admission testing/assessment, teacher evaluations, school records (if applicable), and an admission interview as tools of assessment.
- Complete the Application: Parents interested in applying to The Rhoades School are invited to complete our online application through Ravenna Solutions, our online application service provider. Applications are accepted October 2 through February 2 a year prior to enrollment, and on a space-available basis after February 2.
- Schedule Assessment (Application On File Required):
- Kindergarten and first grade applicants complete the AABL assessment. Kindergarten applicants should schedule their assessment with the Director of Admission on a school day. First grade applicants take the assessment during their shadow day.
- Second through fourth grade applicants take the ISEE to assess verbal and quantitative reasoning skills. Applicants will also complete a short writing sample. The assessment is given during their shadow day.
- Fifth through eighth grade applicants take the ISEE to assess verbal reasoning, reading comprehension, and quantitative reasoning skills. Applicants will also complete a writing assessment. Applicants can take the ISEE at Prometric Testing Center. The Rhoades School code is #570433.
- Schedule Shadow Day (Application On File Required): The student shadow day is an opportunity for your student to spend a school day at Rhoades, guided and hosted by a current student.
- Kindergarten and first grade applicants shadow day for up to two hours in the morning on a school day.
- Second through fourth grade applicants shadow for half of a school day.
- Fifth through eighth grade applicants shadow for an entire school day.