Visit Our School
We understand choosing the right school for your child is an important decision. We welcome the opportunity to meet with you and your family in person to gain an understanding of your child’s needs and interests, and to share our school’s true experience. Tours are generally scheduled Tuesday – Thursday when school is in session; optimal times are between 9-11:30 am. A campus tour lasts approximately 60 minutes and provides parents with an opportunity to watch the teaching process unfold – in the classrooms, on the playing field, in the labs and in the visual/performing arts’ studios.
Steps Toward Admission
The Admission Committee looks at the applicant in the context of students currently attending Rhoades and the other candidates who would like to join the same grade. Many factors are taken into consideration, including academic ability, character, maturity, curiosity, and interests. We use admission testing/assessment, teacher evaluations, school records (if applicable), and an admission interview as tools of assessment.
- Complete the Application: Parents interested in applying to The Rhoades School are invited to complete our online application through Ravenna Solutions, our online application service provider. Through Ravenna Solutions, parents will complete the preliminary application and submit the application fee and all supplemental forms. Grade-level specific application steps and requirements are detailed on The Rhoades School profile page through Ravenna. Applications are accepted October 1st through February 2nd a year prior to enrollment.
- Schedule Assessment (Application On File Required):
- Kindergarten and first grade applicants complete the AABL assessment. We strongly encourage families to apply for Kindergarten so their child is 5 years old on or before September 1st of the enrollment year. Kindergarten applicants should schedule their assessment with the Director of Admission on a school day in December, January, or February. First grade applicants take the assessment during their shadow day.
- Second through fourth grade applicants take the ISEE to assess verbal and quantitative reasoning skills. Applicants will also complete a short writing sample. The assessment is given during their shadow day.
- Fifth through eighth grade applicants take the ISEE to assess verbal reasoning, reading comprehension, and quantitative reasoning skills. Applicants will also complete a writing assessment. The Rhoades School hosts the ISEE on a Saturday during January. Rhoades School code is #570433.
- Schedule Shadow Day/Play Date (Application On File Required): Kindergarten applicants participate in a play date at the school on a specific weekend in late January. Students applying for Grades 1-8 join us for a shadow day. The student shadow day is an opportunity for your student to spend a school day at Rhoades, guided and hosted by a current student.
All application materials must be submitted by February 2, 2018. Applications submitted after February 2 will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Decision notifications will be sent on March 16, 2018 for all applicants who met the February 2, 2018 deadline. Please review our Admission FAQs for additional information.