HOW TO APPLY
Below are the steps in the application process and important dates and deadlines to remember. Questions? Don't hesitate to contact Jenni Beadle, Director of Admission.
STEP 1: Schedule a campus visit (Grades 1-8)
We encourage you to visit our campus, meet students and teachers, and thoroughly explore our extraordinary program. Tours are generally scheduled Tuesday – Thursday when school is in session; optimal times are between 8:45-11:30 a.m. A campus tour lasts approximately 60 minutes and provides parents with an opportunity to watch the teaching process unfold – in the classrooms, on the playing field, in the labs and in the visual/performing arts' studios. To schedule an individual conversation and tour, please complete our inquiry form or contact Jenni Beadle, Director of Admission.
STEP 2: Attend an Open House (Kindergarten)
Add the date for our Open House to your calendar and plan to attend. Attending an Open House is a valuable way for families to learn a lot about the school in a short time. Our Kindergarten Open House is:
Wednesday, November 8, 2017 from 9-11 a.m.
If you are unable to attend the Open House, please complete our inquiry form or contact Jenni Beadle, Director of Admission, to schedule a tour.
STEP 3: Complete the Application
Parents interested in applying to The Rhoades School are invited to complete our online application through Ravenna Solutions, our online application service provider. Through Ravenna Solutions, parents will complete the preliminary application and submit the application fee and all supplemental forms. Grade-level specific application steps and requirements are detailed on The Rhoades School profile page through Ravenna.
All application materials must be submitted by February 2, 2018. Applications submitted after February 2 will be considered based on availability.
STEP 4: Schedule Assessment (Application On File Required)
- Kindergarten and Grade 1 applicants complete the AABL assessment. Kindergarten applicants should schedule their assessment with the Director of Admission on a school day in December, January, or February. Grade 1 applicants take the assessment during their shadow day.
- Grade 2-4 applicants take the ISEE to assess verbal and quantitative reasoning skills. Applicants will also complete a short writing sample. The assessment is given during their shadow day.
- Grade 5-8 applicants take the ISEE to assess verbal reasoning, reading comprehension, and quantitative reasoning skills. Applicants will also complete a writing assessment. The Rhoades School hosts the ISEE on a Saturday during January. Rhoades School code is #570433.
For more information about testing and assessment, see our Admission FAQ page or contact Jenni Beadle, Director of Admission.
STEP 5: Schedule Shadow Day/Play Date (Application On File Required)
- Kindergarten applicants participate in a play date at the school on a specific weekend in late January.
- Students applying for Grades 1-8 join us for a shadow day. The student shadow day is an opportunity for your student to spend a school day at Rhoades, guided and hosted by a current student.
Applications submitted after February 2 will be considered based on availability.