The Rhoades School supports the development of academically advanced, productive, creative, and socially adept students in grades K-8.
Students are challenged with a rigorous curriculum, a supportive peer group, and suitable guidance in an encouraging and thoughtful manner. We seek to establish in each student the singular love of learning for its own sake.
We cultivate in our students the Habits of Mind that foster intellectual curiosity, analytical and creative thinking, and the pursuit of learning as a lifelong endeavor.
We teach individuals to live with integrity, responsibility, confidence, compassion and respect for themselves and others.
We strive to promote motivation that comes from the pleasure one gets from the task or act itself rather than from outside rewards such as grades or prizes.
Student Learner Outcomes:
Rhoades School students are students who:
1. Achieve excellence in academics and exhibit creativity of thought and expression in the areas of English, Mathematics, Social Studies, Science, Spanish and Visual and Performing Arts through deep content knowledge and self-reflection.
2. Will develop intellectual curiosity and a desire for continuous learning by:
- considering a question from multiple perspectives
- altering their thinking as new information and data are presented
- becoming confident in their ability to work with both ambiguity and precision
- using innovative strategies when problem solving
- welcoming critique and feedback
3. Develop personal and ethical responsibility through:
- a healthy lifestyle
- global, cultural, and civic awareness
- examining one's role as a member in local and global communities
- relating to one another as caring individuals
4. Effectively communicate and collaborate through:
- the use of technology
- oral and written language
- reading social cues
- art forms
The Rhoades School is WASC (Western Association of Schools and Colleges) accredited.