Project-based learning is embedded in our curriculum. Students are able to explore the community and make real-world connections to what they are learning.
In grades K-3, students may take day trips to explore a California mission or an interactive aquarium. Fourth grade students take an overnight trip to Riley’s Farm to participate in American Revolution reenactments. As a culminating lower school academic and character building experience, fifth grade students spend a week exploring Native American historic sites in New Mexico.
Middle school students spend several days to a week at Astro Camp (a hands-on physical science program with an emphasis on astronomy, space exploration and character building), Catalina Island Marine Institute (marine science field study) and Washington D.C.
Field Trip Resources:
September 23 – 27, 2019 (tentative)
- 7th Grade – Catalina Island
November 13 – 15, 2019 (tentative)
- 6th Grade – AstroCamp
2019 – 2020 Date TBD
- 8th Grade – Idyllwild Adventure
- Idyllwild Adventure Information
- Idyllwild Adventure Packing List
- Idyllwild Adventure Permission Slip(required – due date TBD)
- Medication Policy and Medication Authorization (optional)
April 22 – 23, 2020 (tentative)
- 4th Grade – Riley’s Farm
April 27 – May 1, 2020 (tentative)
- 5th Grade – SWIFT (through Grand Classroom)
May 3 – 8, 2020 (tentative)
- 8th Grade – Washington D.C. (through Apple Student Tours)